Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoking cheese in the dark

Hi from a autumn feeling Manchester UK. Decided to smoke some English cheddar on the XL. Using a maze cold smoker and coated half the cheese in sweet Spanish paprika. Wood used was apple. Smoked for an hour. Tasted wonderful. Vac packed and put in the fridge to let flavours develop for a few weeks. photo 20130905_210912_zps301a88b2.jpg

Comments

• HicHic Posts: 350

Did you eat right after smoking or did you let it sit in the fridge? I've also hear of people vacuum sealing before eating.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Whats a maze cold smoker??? And where do u get one????
  • daffy1909 said:
    Whats a maze cold smoker??? And where do u get one????

Google amaze-n-smoker Great smoke with the cheddah!
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • luistluist Posts: 15
    I just tried a slice after smoking, 1 hour of smoke and it was just right. Then the whole batch has been vac sealed. I use this cold smoker. Generates no heat at all. http://www.macsbbq.com/accessories/product/proq-cold-smoke-generator