Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Peanut Butter & Jelly Crusted French Toasted Sandwiches on the Baking Steel (Pix O'Plenty)

How about that name?  Yeah, it sucks, but the sandwich doesn't.  I saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and thought it would be fun to do.  The dish couldn't be more simple.  Make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich using thick bread.  We made six sandwiches.  Three with grape jelly, three with strawberry.  Next, make your favorite french toast egg mixture.  Ours has vanilla extract & cinnamon.  The crusted part is Frosted Flakes which we pulsed in the food processor.  Now dunk the sandwich in the egg mixture just long enough for the bread to accept the cereal coating in the next step, but not so long for it to turn into mush.  Coat with the cereal and now it's ready to cook.

I got the egg stabilized at 350 and pre-heated the Baking Steel.  I'll let the pictures finish the story. 

imageimageimageimageimageimage

That's MONEY!  Thanks for looking.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments