Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket and Pork

Options
I did a lot of research on the boards for my first slow cook. Thanks in advance for all the info on here...everything turned out great. Brisket took 14 hours and pork took about 16.5 hours. imageimage

Comments

• Trini_in_Ottawa
    Trini_in_Ottawa Posts: 231
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Planning on doing something similar tomorrow night. Did the drippings from pork impact the taste of the briskets?
    The cook looks amazing also! :)
  • jmcnutt5
    Options
    I did not notice a taste difference, but you will notice on the front of the brisket I did not get a good "bark" because that is where the pork was. My pork was actually touching the brisket a little because it was so thick. I was really worried about this but by the time I realized I couldn't get around it, I had no choice but to try to make it work. If you look hard enough, you can see the top grate is not level..oops. I also contribute this to the pork taking longer to cook than the brisket. However, both had a great flavor and very tender. The biggest recommendation I found on here was to basically be sure you get a good quality meat. I got mine from a local butcher and I will continue to do that in the future.