Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stone and a Woo?

Options
Does anyone use just a stone with the Woo? If so are you happy with the results?

LBGE

BTFU!

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Most people either use the platesetter or the AR or woo with a stone. If I remember right you are running a Large, so you could go either way. Woo is less expensive but nowhere near as multi functional as the AR. I bought the PSwoo3 for my large cause it will work with my platesetter that I already had.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Hankyorke
    Options
    I do have a large. I really like the idea of the woo for raised direct and want to do more indirect. Was thinking a stone would be cheaper than PS (if it fit the woo)

Right now I'm running your bolt system and it works great just not as clean as I would like.

LBGE

BTFU!

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Woo and stone will work great for you then plus you get the benefit if being able to wok with the woo.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.