Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st reverse sear

Bought some grass fed sirloin today, and decided to do my first reverse sear. Worked very well. Set a grill extender right on the fire box. Brought the egg to around 250, let it stabilize, then put the meat in (hahaha--yeah, I'm a child, sorry) let that come to around 110. Removed it, let it rest, and hiked the temp to around 600. Seared about 90 seconds on each side. Perfect medium rare. My wife loved it. That steak, paired with some braised beans, leeks and potatoes. Great dinner.imageimage
Cleveland, Ohio
image.jpg 69.5K

Comments

• Absolutely awesome looking, perfect.  I like reverse sear very much, eliminates the ring of gray overcooked meat.
  • Yeah, that looks good. I did some yesterday and went to 122 before the sear. They were well done and too done for my taste.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Damn man that steak looks really good!!! Nice job!!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • She's a beauty Clark!
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.