Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I'm a dumb ass...

Laid out my lump and lit it with the mapp torch. Closed the egg and went in to do some prep. I came our half an hour later, planning to put veggie kabobs on, before the ribeyes. Fire is out. I guess that's what happens when you leave the green cap on the egg. Oh well, lit again and time for another beer. Cheers.
-The Goat
Marietta, GA
XL BGE

Comments

• @henapple would say you are a genius - however, suggest you only use the same excuse once a month. More beverage time is not a bad thing. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Been there done that, but more often I light it, go in do the prep, forget about the fire and come out to a fire hot enough to weld with.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • After a half hour you would be at 1200 degrees, be happy you left the rain cap on.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• GoatseggGoatsegg Posts: 108
    edited September 2013
    @Skiddymarker- Every cloud has a silver lining, right? Sage advice from @henapple! @td66snrf & @Doc_Eggerton - I have ended up way hot after a delay more than once, never quite 1200, though! @4runner- haha, I have a friend that did that in a bass boat! Makes for a good story but otherwise, not good.
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

• 2pics
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,587
    All is well thst ends well...or medium rare in this case.  Looks after a slight delay you won this one!  Great lookin steak!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574

@henapple would say you are a genius - however, suggest you only use the same excuse once a month. More beverage time is not a bad thing. 

How did I get dragged into this?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    @henapple would say you are a genius - however, suggest you only use the same excuse once a month. More beverage time is not a bad thing. 
    How did I get dragged into this?
    Hello? Any excuse to drink rather than actually cook is right up your alley. It was meant as a compliment, being of the same school myself. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 4,320
    Well, I left the CI daisy wheel on, closed, not the ceramic cap.  So I'm BETTER than you!   :P

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 3,010
    We have all done something like that, we have our moments!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014
    Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • For me, it's usually forgetting to open the bottom vent.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    Forgetting the heat gun is in the Lump.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • For me, it's usually forgetting to open the bottom vent.

I did that last night Fire burned good till I closed the dome.

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.