Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazy Butt

Options
I have done a whole bunch of Beer Butts on the gasser.  So, when time is of the essence, I have to revert back to the comfort zone.  Chicken & zucchini with tomatoes and cheese.  My spatchcocked days may be numbered. Very good and so easy.
Milton, GA.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Are you saying your beer can chicken cooks quicker than when you spatched? What temp did you run on both?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • flynnbob
    Options

On Spatchcocked, I do about 350 for an hour.  The beer butt goes for about 1-1/2 hours at 400 - 450.  I save prep time with the BB  as I just pop it on the can and do not brine it or cut out the backbone.  It is pretty much set it and forget it.....  I use 1/2 can of beer, push in 1/4 stick of butter into the can, add 2tbs of paprika, and 2 tbs of Lawrys garlic salt.  I can get this on the egg quickly after a long day....

Milton, GA.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Totally understand quick & easy

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.