Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Lazy Butt

I have done a whole bunch of Beer Butts on the gasser.  So, when time is of the essence, I have to revert back to the comfort zone.  Chicken & zucchini with tomatoes and cheese.  My spatchcocked days may be numbered. Very good and so easy.
Milton, GA.
003.jpg 3.4M
013.jpg 3.5M
021.jpg 3.5M
023.jpg 3.2M

• Are you saying your beer can chicken cooks quicker than when you spatched? What temp did you run on both?

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • On Spatchcocked, I do about 350 for an hour.  The beer butt goes for about 1-1/2 hours at 400 - 450.  I save prep time with the BB  as I just pop it on the can and do not brine it or cut out the backbone.  It is pretty much set it and forget it.....  I use 1/2 can of beer, push in 1/4 stick of butter into the can, add 2tbs of paprika, and 2 tbs of Lawrys garlic salt.  I can get this on the egg quickly after a long day....

Milton, GA.
  • Totally understand quick & easy

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.