Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Introduction - Hello from VA-

Hello everyone - fellow Egg heads!  Ive had my Egg for awhile but slacked getting on here.  Buddy of mine said this place was thee WOK!  (Wealth of Knowledge)  So here I am.

Im on the East Coast - I dig old VW bugs if anyone else digs German Steel give me a shout.

I love Guns - I build my own AR-15's 

I work at the Fire Dept

Other than that Im just a regular dude.  

Theres nothing better than The Big Green Egg and I am here to hang out and get some great guidance and recipes.

Ok I wont bore you guys and gals any longer!
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,492
    Welcome from the state to the North.
    ·
  • Hey Steve!!!!! About time you got on here buddy. I'm happy for you. This site is the bomb -- trust me. To let everyone know, Steve is the MAIN reason why a LBGE sits on my back porch. I owe you dude!! :). He had me over his house for a cookout one day. Saw it and I was sold.
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,332
    Welcome from the left coast. The land of all the fruits & nuts. :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Welcome from Tennessee... We're better than ya'll. We will try to help you though. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • LOL everyone - thanks - Eggomatic - yeahhhhhhh  - Just so yall know - Eggomatic will be taking on Moe Cason in the future.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,492
    I dig Germany steel of the Solingen and Inglostadt varieties...
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Welcome from the Deep South, its good that you came out of your shell, the more of that post our experiences, the more we all learn. Welcome!!!!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 186
    Welcome Steve from just north of ya as Eggcelsior said.  Plan on doing DizzyFest in Nov?

Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • Welcome from SoCal. My handle, td66snrf,  is in reference to my '66 sunroof sedan. Cheers
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new but the vets have been very helpful. I lived in Va for many years. Moved away in '06 but still consider it home. Live outside of Atanta, now.
    -The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • Jump in and hang on.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    Welcome from a fellow VAer.  I'm in NOVA (don't hold it against me).  Huge Huge Huge Porsche fan here.  Although I don't own one and likely never will.  
    ·
  • NoVa here too, where are you located mb99zz and GTSteve? I be in Springfield.

GO BLUE!

Springfield, Va

·
  • LOL everyone - thanks - Eggomatic - yeahhhhhhh  - Just so yall know - Eggomatic will be taking on Moe Cason in the future.
    Steve, I'll challenge him when he is confined to a chair without wheels -- until then he has me beat!!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • Thanks guys - Just got back from givin my LBGE a work out - Bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed Jalepeno's, Balsmamic/Garlic marinated shrimp and NY Strip with Gargonzola sauce thrown on onion straws - Let me try to respond to some of your posts before I pass out - hal

Dizzyfest - Im looking into it

TD66 - Awesome

Everyone else thanks I want to share anything I can as well get everyones input here!
    ·
  • South of VB.

German steel, how about two 30+ year old diesel Benz'?

Welcome to the asylum.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182

NoVa here too, where are you located mb99zz and GTSteve? I be in Springfield.

Leesburg. I hailed from Springfield though. Lee High grad many moons ago
    ·
  • GTSteve said:

Thanks guys - Just got back from givin my LBGE a work out - Bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed Jalepeno's, Balsmamic/Garlic marinated shrimp and NY Strip with Gargonzola sauce thrown on onion straws - Let me try to respond to some of your posts before I pass out - hal

Dizzyfest - Im looking into it

TD66 - Awesome

Everyone else thanks I want to share anything I can as well get everyones input here!
    Welcome to the madhouse.
    Rule #1 - no pics, it never happened.
    Post pics of your cooks, so we can have our "private" moments and enjoy it.
    Enjoy the journey! :)
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Welcome! I grew up in RIC now living in ATL
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • Lol I meant to mention that - I usually take pics but tonight I said "Im eating"  I wont let it happen again
    ·
  • Welcome from Flint, Michigan.   Winner of The Most Dangerous City in America award by the FBI for the past three years.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Welcome. I'm from the Hampton Roads area. Good luck.
    ·
  • 2009 New Beetle convertible here
    ·
  • Welcome from Marietta, GA. Remember to post pics !
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Welcome from the other end of the state.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • Welcome from Chesapeake, VA
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
  • Welcome from Long Island N.Y. where the fishing is the best and the egging never stops
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Welcome from Greenville Texas.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • Welcome from The Tarheel State although I'm hillbilly from Southwestern VA.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • Here goes another hello from the RVA. I dig the old VW's as well but am a old Volvo dork as well. ha
    large and XL BGE in Richmond, VA
    ·