Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Suggestions

Options
Working on a large pork cook that keeps getting bigger for a tailgate Friday evening.  Ended up needing to cook 8 butts.  I went ahead and knocked out the first 4 last night and now have them in the cooler in foil.  Trying to figure out the best way to reheat to serve Friday evening.  Should I pull now or just leave in foil and heat back up tmw afternoon and then pull?

Suggestions?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    how are you reheating. have done it both ways. speed of reheat i think its faster if pulled now, especially if your reheating in boiling water in foodsaver bags. have done them whole but they were reheated in a dutch with coke and vinegar added. have also done in big tin pan with coke added in the oven that was previously shredded
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jjjdempsey
    Options
    I wasn't sure of the best way to reheat.  I am thinking that pulling now may be the best option.

Should I store in bags and just reheat the whole bag in water?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    foodsaver bags reheated in slowly simmering water works, ziplocks melt so do not use them. i would pull them now to avoid work later
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it