Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wooden handle guy

I once bought a grid lifter and handle for my egg from a gentleman that made them from wooden limbs.  Cannot remember his name.  Can anyone help me here?
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• It's either sparky or Lawn Ranger

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Lawn Ranger....thanks a bunch
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • RajunCajun
    I guess I should have asked...is he still in the business of making bbq tools?  Having trouble googling him.
  • He doesn't do it full time or anything. He has been here but usually is on the old forum. Try him there. If you can't get him PM me. I have his e-mail somewhere.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Yo, Brent...Mike (lawn ranger) has semi retired from making his unique one of a kind masterpieces. He might and I say MIGHT be doing some custom pieces if he can find enough metal parts for some speciality tools. I'm blessed with 4 handles and 2 grid lifters from him. He is quite the guy!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RajunCajun
    Thanks guys.  I too am lucky to have a grid lifter and handle.  They add some character to the BGE without a doubt.  I have had them ~13 or so years and they have held up quite well.  Will see if I can look him up on the old forum.  Even artists have to retire at some point...
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Super nice guy, I was blessed with a grid lifter and a handle. Always a conversation piece when friends come over.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.