Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Leg of Lamb & Brisket cook (lot of pics)

I stopped by Restaurant Depot to pick up a packer and noticed a sale on leg of lamb at $3.19/lb. I picked up this Aussie bred 7.2 lb leg: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Cleaned up the meat side and removed the aitch bone: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Stuck slivers of garlic & rosemary into slits in the leg: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Vacuum sealed the leg in a marinade consisting of: fresh thyme, oregano, rosemary, crushed & minced garlic, lemon zest & juice, kosher salt, and EVOO. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The next morning the leg got a light coat of Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The leg joined the packer on the XL Egg running at 345 degrees: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Pulled the leg at an IT of 120 and gave it a quick sear on the Large Egg: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Aimed to pull it off in the 132-135 range: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
After a 15 minute rest I made the first slice: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Then sliced it up: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Plated it for lunch with a quinoa salad & some hobo veggies (fingerling potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, etc...): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The packer brisket was sliced for dinner: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
With the exception of overeating, it was a great day!
Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA

Comments