Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib roast, and Texas stir fry

Options
hondabbq
hondabbq Posts: 1,980
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum

My wife works with this guy who loves food. He doesnt have an egg. He is a very large fellow with a heart the same size. He gave her a method of cooking a roast for us to try a few weeks ago. We haven't tried it until yesterday. He passed away shortly after he gave her the method so he doesn't know if it worked on the egg or not. He always did his in the oven. His name was Orest. We call this "Or-roast"

According to Orest, take the roast out of the fridge for a few hours prior to cooking to let it 'warm up " a bit. Season how you will. His favorite was Herb de Provence butter. Roast at 500 F for 5 minutes for every lb of roast, ie 5lb roast will cook for 25 minutes, turn off oven(egg) for 2 hours. Enjoy.

It worked out for us, toasted a glass to Orest as well.

We took the left overs and I wanted to make a stir fry but I had seasoned it that it wouldn't have blended with Asian influence. We had 2 left over bacon wrapped potato, couple ears of corn. I thought how can I make this into something. I chopped up some onions, peppers, mushrooms, and proceeded to make a 'stir fry'. Added the potato, corn, and let that cook up. I added the meat, just warming it up not overcooking it, and added some BBQ sauce to it. SWMBO said it was super awesome. Ill load pics from my phone later. It was worth making again for sure.

Comments