Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken, Burgers and a Ribeye...lots of pix

Here are my last few cooks.  I scored 14 pieces of chicken (legs and thighs) on Sunday from Food Lion for only $4.49.  So I cooked those up for this week's lunches.  Used my AR with a drip pan,  along with my standard SS grate, then formed another tier with the Spider and small Weber grate.  Cooked it indirect with a little baking powder for crispiness and a small amount of JD Whiskey Barrel Oak Chips for smoke.

Then last night, for Labor Day, I grilled up a couple of those pre-made Publix bacon and cheddar burgers.  They weren't half bad!  ;)  The bacon crisps up nicely on the outside while leaving a nice cheddar flavor on the inside.  Since we didn't want a bunch of leftover hamburger buns, we picked up 2 of the Publix deli Sesame Seed rolls in lieu of buying an entire pack.  Those were tasty too...we buttered and grilled the inside.  Yum!

Then tonight, we grilled up a HUGE 2.08 pound Bone-In Ribeye Steak.  I put the beer in the pic so you can see how big the steak was.  :)

My wife and I split the steak and still have enough leftovers for 2 people (or 1 hungry Dyal_SC at lunchtime tomorrow)....  :D 

Comments