Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how much pulled pork for 35 people?

Options
I'm providing pulled pork, chicken and potatoe salad for a local event there will be 35 people there how much pp per person should I provide?

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I cooked 45lbs for about 60 and had leftovers. Some one one here has calculation of meat per person.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I have used 1/3rd lb uncooked weight per head and had leftovers before. Depends on what else is being served, size of buns, and male:female:children ratio as well. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I always used 60% yield and a third of a pound. You have to figure women and kids in the equation if you will have them. When I cooked for my son's high school football team I went a pound per serving and was light.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Better to make too much than too little, IMO. PP makes for awesome leftovers, pizza topping, and freezes well. Giddyup I say!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    I would go at least a pound per person. You'll lose 30% of the weight of the butts during the cook and with te removal of the bone. If you go with a pre-cook weight of a pound per person you should have plenty for everyone.