Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yeah You Right...

Ya Heard Me?

My first brisket and I nailed it, with the exception of it taking longer than I had anticipated, but I remained calm and served the point (which finished two hours before the flat) to my guest first and then brought out the flat for a second round.

Of course, I know that one day I'll end up with a brisket that isn't like this one was, but I'll just make burnt ends with the whole thing if need be... LOL.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
·

Comments

• Nicely done

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Thank you. I'm wondering if the point being done before the flat is common or a fluke... anybody have this happen before?

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,410
    I think it is actually a fairly common occurrence.
    ·
  • Okay, thanks.

Here are a couple of pictures of the flat that took so long to cook.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808

Parallel said:
    Thank you. I'm wondering if the point being done before the flat is common or a fluke... anybody have this happen before?
    Yes...it's counter intuitive, but it happens. I always check the thickest part of the flat for tenderness.  The point can take some overcooking because it's loaded with fat.

·