Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Soda Stream

2»

Comments

• Oop nort in Canada they call hats 'toques', eh?

Had an older friend from North Carolina that called hats 'toboggans'...in Sconnie a toboggan is a multi-passenger sled-like device you slide down a snow-covered hill on...
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
  • Not all hats eh? Just the wooly ones

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,348
    gee, peoples and their cultures.  Now I understand why Shakespeare was so hard to understand.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
    edited September 2013
    I hear that in the south they call their eaves troughs "gutters". Here a gutter is what I drag myself out of most mornings

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Not all hats eh? Just the wooly ones

Aren't those babooshkas?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Thought that was a Ukrainian baby :-?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,348
    I hear that in the south they call their eaves troughs "gutters". Hear a gutter is what I drag myself out of most mornings
    Same thing - device to remove runoff water.  Just different altitudes.  Are you altitude challenged per chance?

• I tend to get nosebleeds at sea level +2ft

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,475
    do they still have the no ask no tell rule in the armed forces for those that say soda or pop or soda pop
    :))  you'd get beat up around here for such language
  • Really eh? Sounds odd from here

Oh, it is odd. But it's true.

• I hear that in the south they call their eaves troughs "gutters". Here a gutter is what I drag myself out of most mornings
    I am from Georgia and everyone I know calls them gutters!  

Everyone around here refers to soft drinks as coke. Doesn't matter what brand or what flavor. It is still called a coke. 

Growing up that seemed normal, but I realize to those not from the south that sounds insane!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Really eh? Sounds odd from here

Oh, it is odd. But it's true.
    I've worked a lot in the south (including Tejas) but never noticed that at all. I've always spoken the universal language of dos cervezas, por favor when I've been there

Steve 

Caledon, ON