Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Greetings from VA Beach, VA

Hello all. My name is Robert and I just retired from the Navy of 21 years 31 Aug. I recently purchased a LBGE in May of this year and haven't looked back since! I love this thing and what it has to offer to me, my family and friends. I joined this forum to make new friends and excel in making great food. Looking forward to all the sound advice. Thanks! BTW, I'm originally from Georgia and a diehard Braves, Falcons and Bulldogs fan :)
LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
·

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Welcome .......I too am from Georgia , and a falcons, braves and dawgs fan! What part of Ga. Are you from? And thank you for your service to our country!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Thanks. I'm from Decatur. Haven't been back home since Xmas/New Years of 2012. I will be making a trip soon to stock up on my man cave items.
    ·
  • Welcome Robert, I am just down Princess Anne in NC.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • Thanks. I've been looking at stuff on here for about a week now. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get approved to join -- guess I gotta learn to have just a little more patience lol.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,019
    Welcome to the forum!

·
  • Nola thanks. I see by your profile pic you have sealed your fate for Sunday at 1pm. I hope we can still be friends after the loss my Dirty Birds will give y'all this weekend!! :)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,229
    Welcome..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,230
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the BGE adventure that awaits. It is a game-changer.  Thanks for your service.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Thanks. It indeed is a game-changer. My wife figured it to be an expensive yard ornament at first. She has a totally different opinion about it now lol
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome aboard and thank you. Go braves!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Who are these Braves you speak of? GO CARDS :) That said welcome and enjoy. I will be down in your neighborhood on friday with a new supply of butts. Have to stop at NAS Oceana and Portsmith commisarys.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • Thank you. Since you are stopping by NAS Oceana you can drop one of those butts off to me!! :) sorry to say this to you, but your Cards will probably not make it in the postseason this season buddy. We will gladly take you as a band wagon rider......
    ·
  • I am not dropping a butt off nor are you allowed to go to NAS to pick your own. Even though your probably right :)
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • The butt part was a joke -- my apologies Sir. But we still have room on the wagon if you would like to hop on over!
    ·
  • Oh no...I wasn't offended lol. It was the wagon part that was offensive lol
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    Welcome Robert.  I retired in July after 24 years.  Great feeling isn't it?  I'm waiting on my egg; picked it up from a fest in a few weeks.  Look forward to joining a new cult!
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • Welcome! I'm not a Braves fan but they've been a fun team to watch this year. I don't think they'll make it past the Dodgers though. Should be a great series, regardless.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
    EggoMatic said:
    Nola thanks. I see by your profile pic you have sealed your fate for Sunday at 1pm. I hope we can still be friends after the loss my Dirty Birds will give y'all this weekend!! :)
    hahaha....no worries my friend.  I promise to post some excellent roast Falcon recipes when we're victorious. ;)

·
  • CP92 said:
    Welcome Robert.  I retired in July after 24 years.  Great feeling isn't it?  I'm waiting on my egg; picked it up from a fest in a few weeks.  Look forward to joining a new cult!
    It feels great!! It feels weird to finally grow a beard and not have to cut it off before the work week stars lol. When you do get your egg, you will be in paradise my friend.
    ·
  • TackmanTackman Posts: 223
    Welcome! New myself. GO BROWNS!!!!
    Cleveland, Ohio
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    21st of Sep.  Or in terms you understand, 17 and a wu. :)
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Welcome. I live in Atl and grew up in Richmond, VA. Went to undergrad at ODU
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • CP92 said:
    21st of Sep.  Or in terms you understand, 17 and a wu. :)

You will feel much better on the 21st. Trust me!!
    ·

• Tackman said:
    Welcome! New myself. GO BROWNS!!!!

Thanks. You might want to look at this clip before you say that team out of your mouth ;) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/deceased-fan-asked-for-browns-pallbearers-so-they-could-let-him-down-one-more-time/
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349
    Welcome and thank you for your service.
    Long Island, NY
    ·
    Second time I've posted this...apologies to all those exposed once again....

·