Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All good (or bad) things must come to an end

Well fellas. SWMBO has decided she'd rather have her food cooked on some other fellas egg.

Good news, I made sure I retained custody off MY large with no visitation rights for her. Bad news, I'll be moving into an apartment and have to send the large to boarding school for the foreseeable future, but he'll be taken great care of and used frequently. I'll be visiting weekly.

For those who didnt get it. Women cheated, I'm keeping the egg and sending to the aunt and uncles down the road to use while I'm in an apartment and will use it weekly still.

3 types of people I can't stand: liars, cheaters and thieves. She's the first 2, better not become the third while we're still "together"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Sorry to hear about your situation... Not that its any of my business; but why are you moving out? Shouldn't the party who committed the offense in question be forced to leave?
  • Sorry to hear about your situation.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• I have that particular tee-shirt. Things only get better.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• My first wife was a liar & thief.  It was never confirmed that she cheated, but, words were going around that I never believed in.

All I can say is it may suck right now, but, it'll get better someday.  It took me a few years until I realize the hurt I was feeling was caused by me.  Once I was able to "let go" and "move on", things got better.  I was asked in my new relationship am I still angry at her.  I can truthfully say, I loved her, I forgive her, and I wish her the best.  With the passing of time, I remember the good times and tried to forget the bad times, but, I knew they were there.  Last, no way in hell would I ever want her back in my life.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Sorry to hear about your situation. I have never been there, but it sounds like some of the guys here have. I would listen to them. 

@Hapster "Yep... probably should be something more along the lines of SWMSTFU now" 

Best Post EVER!!!!!!!!!!  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    edited September 2013

Sorry to hear.  As my grandma once said, 'son you don't own nothing but the bare ass you came into this world with and that's all you get to take with you.'  Hopefully you don't have to pay spousal support.  Here in Ontario circumstances don't enter into the equation.  Length of marriage, amount of income, age of spouse are factors considered into the monthly stipend.  And there is no way out of it.  I fill out those cheques in red ink with little drops falling off my signature.  Why?  Because I can,  but more importantly it pisses her off.  As above, the wound does get better - just stings for awhile.  Pour bourbon on it as its a cleanser.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

I've always thought that having a wife who is just an occasional PITA is like winning the lottery.  Makes me feel lucky every day as a result. 

Hopefully, in the not too distant future you'll be where @SmyrnaGA is now.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Good luck, man. "Keep yer stick on the ice, we are all in this together". 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Sorry for your situation. Best of luck to you in the future.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • I can laugh at it now, but, during that time, I was unkempt, the house was unkempt, and the lawn was unkempt.  One of my neighbors put a nasty letter in my mailbox about the lawn...  long story short, I had a bunch of books from the library... landscaping & divorce...  My family was SO WORRIED.  :)

For some reason, my current SWMBO doesn't think it's funny either.  :p

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I don't know if you need SWMSTFU. More like she who needs a swift kick in the ass. No need for initials. 
  • Good luck, man. "Keep yer stick on the ice, we are all in this together". 

Absolutely!  Also love the Red Green quote! 

Flint, Michigan
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Hopefully there are no kiddos to go through this ordeal as well.

You'll come through this and be fine. Stay positive and stay focused on #1.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Keep busy cooking for your uncle and aunt! This will also help!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

As nasaty as it may look now, it will only go up from here.

My first lasted almost 11 years........ugh!

My "current" spouse and I will mark 40 years in November, and just keeps getting better.

Hang in there, it'll happen to you.

\:D/
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Truly sorry to hear about your troubles. But you will lick your wounds for a while, and live to egg another day.

Good luck to you. This too shall pass. Keep calm and egg on!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Sorry to hear that!went through that myself ! That was 15 years ago,now i have a beautiful faithful wife (last one wasn't!) two beautiful children! Nice home, and a large egg!! Life always gets better!!!! Good luck on your new adventure!!! Keep eggin! :D
  • find a place were you can bring the egg and you will make more friends than you can imagine, Everything will work out in the end, Take care
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • I didn't get divorced.  My first wife passed away on me ten years ago.  Today I'm married to a wonderful woman!  We have a daughter together and my teenaged daughter and my wife get along great.  My point is you can recover.  Life can be anything you want to make of it once you get through your current difficult situation.  Good luck. 

Flint, Michigan
  • I know it will all get better. Life's a **** and she's knocked me down before but not long. One day I swear I'm going to return the favor and beat the hell out of her!

No kids thank goodness and luckily I live the great country of Texas where alimony doesn't exist under 10 years of marriage and we divide things up as reasonably as possible.

Thank god for being able to self medicate with time on the egg and eating to the delicious fruits of that labor!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Beating the hell out of a woman is a gutless act. Albeit you are hurt but shame on you for posting that comment. You need some rest and sober thought.

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Best of luck to you, most of the times situations like this turn out to be a blessing in the future. Its her loss and your gain. Things will improve.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    edited September 2013
    @rholt perhaps, perhaps not, only one man knows for sure his intent. Should the sad day come where the woman takes a beating, it won't take long for the law to find a suspect based on that comment. I'm sure she knows he is a member here. Don't kid yourself that these forums cannot be and are not monitored by law enforcement agencies.

• Hey, bro. You can get a new wife. I mean that seriously. Can't replace a deceased child
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Hey, bro. You can get a new wife. I mean that seriously. Can't replace a deceased child
    While I agree with you; not sure that is necessarily applicable in this situation... Deceased children hardly betray their parents...

And, loss is loss, you can also have more children, but that doesn't fill the hole now does it...
  • It is overwhelming right now but youWILL get better. It just happens very slowly.