Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Stuffed pork loin

TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,156
Stuffed pork loin roast. Stuffed with jalapeño, red peppers, pineapple, creme cheese, Gouda cheese, salt, pepper, and BBQ rub. It was a 7 lb roast cooked at 325 indirect to 160 IT. FTC for 45 minutes. Served with cob corn, baked onion, and fresh cut pineapple. imageimageimageimage
Dave - Austin, TX
·

Comments

• tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    Looks great!  Good stuffing idea.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,156
    Thanks Scooter
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Man that looks appetizing.  I have a 7 pounder I need to cook.  What temp and how long did it cook?  What's FTC?
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,391
    Foil
    Towel
    Cooler

Double wrap it in HD foil, place it in a cooler just big enough for it and some towels.  Allow to rest until desired eating time.  Allows for the temp to hold and the meat to rest.  Generally used for large cuts like pork butt.  The temp can hold for three hours or more.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Nice cook. 

I used that technique with boneless chicken thighs the other day, came out delish.

20130828_205433.jpg
    4128 x 3096 - 5M
    20130828_213824.jpg
    4128 x 3096 - 4M
    20130828_214550.jpg
    4128 x 3096 - 5M
    20130828_215420.jpg
    4128 x 3096 - 3M

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,133
    Looks like a great meal.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Thanks....I've done the FTC with briskets before but never picked up on the acronym.  I shoulda known!

Ca C'est Bon Oui

·