Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

brisket thaw and cook time table...

some help please.  question is this.  if i thaw the brisket, then inject it, how long can i wait before i cook it? can i keep it in the fridge for a day or two before i cook it?  i have a funny work schedule, but i need to cook for an important meeting.  want to make sure i am on point.  thanks in advance for any advice you all might have for me.

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,685

Can you not cook it right after you inject it?  I'm not aware that having it sit after being injected adds anything.  Or am I missing something?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Yes you can but you may lose some of your liquid. As Foghorn says you can inject an cook right away.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,983
    I wouldn't have a problem leaving it in the fridge for a week.  Inject it right before you put it on and you'll have more marinade in it when it cooks.

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,705
    Off the subject, @coachbdouble, that sure looks like an OSU Beaver, eh?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Ideally the injection should sit in the meat 4-10 hours.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• I agree... I wouldn't let the brisket set long after injection.... Second, I have completed several cooks for various occasion and I try to stay away from cooking Brisket... My results on brisket are not consistent enough to ensure that the end product will meet the standard I am looking for.... I typically go back to the old standard of Boston Butts.... Easy to cook and very difficult to mess up.

• jaydub58 said:
    Off the subject, @coachbdouble, that sure looks like an OSU Beaver, eh?
    That is definitely our new logo. What a tough opening weekend. Brings me back to my college days. "Win or lose we still booze."

Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,983

Ideally the injection should sit in the meat 4-10 hours.

You mean, before you start cooking the meat.