Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket..... How I do it.

Comments

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,737

Sadly No we dont.  I did look on their website and they state that Publix carries it here in Florida. So ill go there and see how that goes. Hopefully ill find it..if not then ill probably just use beef stock.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    edited July 2013
    All soy and fish sauce have glutamates, even if it's not listed in the ingredients. 

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,914
    Bump! :D
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    cazzy said:
    Bump! :D
    You...you....sneaky dawg.  You.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    Any idea how big grasshoppers head get when this post kicks back in :ar!
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,530
    Allegro also has a "Brisket Sauce".  Anyone ever tried that one?

Looks like it is also soy sauce based with some brown sugar and vinegar. I saw this once in a grocery store in NC but don't think I have seen it in my area. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,103
    334.1 thousand views
    :)) i wonder how many briskets actually get cooked as a bbq brisket
    ·
  • I cooked brisket Travis' method just this weekend. And I get raving reviews about how good and tender it is from everyone. Will post pics once I get off work tonight.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • On the question of the handling the plate setter, I have a set of heavy leather fire gloves.  You can't hold the hot plate setter indefinitely but the gloves do allow you to pick it up and move it.

Thanks for the write-up; I will certainly cook using this method tonight.
    ·
    I was going to take :ar! to lunch but with this damn post kicking back up no way to get his head in a Toyota to go. Good thing he has that big-ass Chevy truck to ride around in.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Mickey said:

I was going to take :ar! to lunch but with this damn post kicking back up no way to get his head in a Toyota to go. Good thing he has that big-ass Chevy truck to ride around in.

My schedule will clear up starting next week. I get to spend the next two nights in a row in my own bed. That hasn't happend in over a month.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Posting on the thread just to be part of the legacy. :ar!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • I used this a couple weeks ago for a going away.  People could not get enough.  Insert metaphorical feather in your cap, good sir.
    ·
  • yogi84yogi84 Posts: 146
    bump!  :ar!   ^:)^ gotta try this way i usally do "old school" errr.... Franklin BBQ style but this "travis" style is now legend.....
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    If memory serves me right, I believe :ar! has evolved from this approach and now produces award-winning brisket using a more traditional Texas method.  I could have it wrong as it is Friday :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 354
    lousubcap said:
    If memory serves me right, I believe :ar! has evolved from this approach and now produces award-winning brisket using a more traditional Texas method.  I could have it wrong as it is Friday :)>-
    If that is true... would love to see the "new" improved process...  Pleeez.....
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 574
     Everytime I see this thread I think about a brisket. Thanks Travis for the "Travis Method" I think I will do another one very soon.
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    So the Travis Method is pretty high up on google

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Like a boss!
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    TIMELESS!!!   :!!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 574
    That should tell you something! Merry Christmas and good cooks to all!
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
    edited December 2013
    His hands are nothing compared to his big head over this brisket post. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
  • BUMP, is there a more viewed discussion?  300 some odd k views, damn!
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    :ar!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
    edited January 2014

:)) :)) :))

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Did someone say brisket? image
    ·
    Did someone say brisket? 
    Is that what she's cutting?  I can't look down for some reason!

·
  • Did someone say brisket? 

WOW! I want that!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Gotta try my first brisket now!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • Was doing a little research on doing a 7.5lb flat for the Super Bowl, and I thought why not bump up the most epic thread back to the top....
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·