Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef back rib recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a few Beef back ribs from a 1/4 cow that I want to cook tonight, but I have no idea how I should go about cooking them. I looked in both of the recipe sections on this site and could not find anything. If you guys could give me any advice I would be very appreciative.
thank you

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Omaha Fred,[p]I suggest using a dry rub and letting them marinate while you get the egg to 250 with an indirect set up. Once stablized, add your wood of choice for smoke and put the ribs on for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove them to a foil pan or make one out of foil. Add some beer (or other flavorfull liquid), close the packet or cover the pan and continue cooking for about 3 hours until they are tender. I just did this a week ago and they rocked.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Omaha Fred, I first remove the backing from the rib side of the rack. I then season with my rub of the day. I set the egg up indirect at 250. The ribs go in for about 5-6 hours. I remove the ribs and the indirect setup. I grill and sauce the ribs as needed. Always a good meal.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Omaha Fred,[p]Beef ribs are kind of a similar cook to spare ribs. Here is a link to my beef rib page[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • 10a0d31d.jpg
    <p />Omaha Fred,
    i cook them direct 225 on a raised grill. use a steakseasoning like cowlick mixed 50/50 with brown sugar or turbinado. bbq sauce mixed with honey and apple juice at the end of the cook.

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    fishlesman,[p]Man those look great! I'm so hungry!!!
  • Thank you everyone for your prompt and knowledgable responses.
  • Luvmyegg
    Options
    Omaha Fred,
    Dr. BBQ's book (which is well worth buying for many reasons) has a fabulous beef ribs recipe in it. I made them for the first time a few weeks ago and they were really good. My husband won't eat pork ribs so these were a great alternative. I didn't bother making the rub though, just threw some Dizzy Pig Cowlick on them.[p]Barbara