Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Planked Salmon + Beets=Awesome (pics)

U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,267
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Simple Friday night dinner. Marinated for 2 hours in olive oil, soy sauce, parsley, srichacha, garlic, salt and black pepper. Topped with a light dusting of old bay and thin sliced lemon. Beets were roasted with olive oil and salt in a hobo pouch, after slicing they were drizzled with a bit of balsamic and s&p. I also did some red potatoes with some John Henry Texas chicken tickler. All was cooked raised direct for about 35 mins raised direct until the salmon hit 145 on the thermapen.

Before the egg

On the egg

Resting

Dinner is served

Close up
·

Comments

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Yum, thanks for sharing - where do you get you Salmon?
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • billybonbillybon Posts: 186
    Nice looking cook. Was the salmon wild or farm raised?
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,267
    Farm raised, Atlantic, got it at the local Kroger. They have wild but being land locked in Utah it gets pricey pretty quick.
    ·
  • billybonbillybon Posts: 186
    I know that wild is more nutritional but I have come to prefer a good quality farm raised. Go figure.
    ·
  • dihtndihtn Posts: 176
    Looks great! What was your Egg temp?
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    Great looking meal. Have to try sometime.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,267
    I know that wild is more nutritional but I have come to prefer a good quality farm raised. Go figure.
    To me it's no different than with pork or beef (especially grassfed v. Cornfed beef). It's just a different taste.  I like them both but in the end I'm a tightwad.  

dihtn said:
    Looks great! What was your Egg temp?
    400 dome.
    ·