Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Week at the Beach with the Mini BGE (pic intensive)

Options

As some of you know, my wife and I vacationed up in Ocean City, MD last week.  We had an awesome time.  The weather was amazing and the grill stayed hot!  :)

We did plenty of reading and laying out on the beach and by the pool.  Finished the Nelson Mandela Autobiography while providing the ladies some eye candy.  ;)  :D

Then fired up the Mini BGE first with some Margarita Pizzas.  We made an awesome find.  Reynolds makes this two-sided no stick liner paper.  The bottom side is Aluminum Foil and the top side is Parchment Paper.  It made cooking these pizzas on the Mini a breeze.  Just cooked them on the liner paper the entire time and it kept the stone squeaky clean.  The bottom of the crust was perfect.

Then the next night, we smoked up some Johnsonville Chorizos.  It's the first time I've seen these in stores.  They were quite tasty!  :)

Served them up with some Cheese and Salsa...I was limited on my topping choices. ;)

The next night, we whipped up some simple cheeseburgers.

We ate out for lunch a couple of times.  We ate at Hooked on 81st as well as Bull on the Beach.  Hooked had some awesome crab dip, fish tacos and fried fish.  Bull on the Beach had awesome Pit Beef!  We also ate out a couple of nights.  We stopped at Liquid Assets one night and had an awesome meal.  We also stopped at Fager's another night and had one of the best dinners we've ever had.  The ambiance and the food was out of this world.  I had the two best crab cakes I have ever eaten in my life.  Their Rum Punch was to die for as well.  Here is where we sat at Fager's...

And on Thursday night, we used some of the leftovers from the week for a wide variety of Mini Pizzas!  We couldn't miss the opening game for the Gamecocks!!!  Go Cocks!!!!  Way to spank that other fake Carolina team!  ;)  :D

Some Cheeseburger Pizza (OMG, my new favorite....Ketchup and Mustard on the bottom, then some Ground Beef, Raw Onions, Pickles and Sliced Cheese)...

Some more Margarita Pizza...

Some Pepperoni Pizza (there's pepperoni under the cheese)...

And some Smoked Chorizo Pizza...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! 

Comments