Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Charcoal from Sams

First time posting to the forum, and I just want to say thanks to everybody for all the great advice. The forum is a really great resource. 

I bought some lump charcoal from Sams Club a few weeks ago. The charcoal was not very uniform, but no big deal. However, the last time I dumped in a load I noticed a couple of big nails in the batch, They were charred black so I'm assuming they were stuck in the wood when it went into the charcoal kiln. Which begs the question, what kind of wood are they using that would have some nails pounded into it? Fence posts, barn wood, house lumber?. Is it possible that the lumber could have been treated lumber?  Wish I could remember the label on the bag. Kind of makes me concerned about whats in the smoke from wood that might have been pressure treated, covered with paint or stain, or who knows what. Just thought I'd let you all know.

The Dude 

Comments