Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Habanero stuffed burgers

Stuffed with extra sharp cheddar, crumbles of parmesian, and sections of the habanero pepper.  I hope I survive...
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Looks awesome.  How did they turn out?
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    I'm curious too Dave. Did you, in fact, survive?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • That sounds so good and so painful! I love it! Any pics of the interior after cook?
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • I have the burgers frozen for next week lunches.  I will take pictures of the cross section then.  While I was making the burgers I had a bit of the pepper with a piece of cheese.  Not spectacularly hot but that was a small piece.

Dave
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    The double-barreled treat-when you eat them and when you remember you ate them :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I decided to thaw out one and try it today (the next day!).  I was worried about the amount of fat smoke that these thick burgers were smoke in, in addition to the mesquite and hickory chips I used.  Yesterday, prior to cooking these four burgers, I had cooked 8 lean grassfed hamburger patties from a farmers co-op.  Mesquite smoke, and very little meat fat burning.  But when I put these Publix ground beef thick patties on the grill, by the time they were ready to pull, the meat smoke predominated.,  So rather than wait till next week to see if I would have to discard them, I thawed and reheated one.  I was pleasantly surprised, there was plenty of good smoke flavor and no significant meat fat smoke flavor.  I was somewhat disappointed however by the fact that the habanero taste and heat was way in the background.  This time I had made each burger with half of the pepper.  Next time each one gets a whole pepper!

Dave
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • Very nice! I would take a sample bite of the pepper before putting a whole per burger. A good habanero should light you up! The next ones you get may be much more pungent.

LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I was somewhat disappointed however by the fact that the habanero taste and heat was way in the background.  This time I had made each burger with half of the pepper.  Next time each one gets a whole pepper!

Dave
    Next time a small drop of Dave's Ghost pepper sauce in your ground beef and mix it up.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Ghost pepper! I saw these at the market the other day, for the first time, and they included tongs for you to put in the bag. Really that hot? Are they flavorful like habanaro? 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia