Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket cook profile?

Options
Using a monitoring system for the first time tonight and it's surprising to me how quickly my brisket temp is rising. Grid temp is at 225, and brisket is at 130 after only a couple hours. I'm aiming for 200 and I know I should see a stall or two, but this seems to be coming very fast. Does anyone have a saved profile they could post?

Thanks guys -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Options
    Okay, found something like what I expected by trolling image search. Does this look about right to any of you guys?

Middleton, WI
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    What I have found is that every overnight I freak out at how fast it is climbing and every morning I wake up panicking that it won't be done in time. If you're gonna have faith, put some in your egg, there really is some science to it
  • gerhardk
    Options
    At the start of the cook the temperature difference between meat and the egg is the greatest so the meat temperature rises fast as the temperature gap closes the rate slows.  Once you hit 160º to 170º the temperature can stall or even fall for a few hours.  I am patient and enjoy the low slow cooks so the turbo methods have never appealed to me.

Gerhard
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    Made it through the night at least. Cyber Q has worked like a champ, very cool little gadget. Showing brisket temp of 188 right now (14 hours in), kid has only been open once in all that time. 

Still hoping it will hold out for a while, having people over at 6. Might be a long FTC. Planning to make up some burnt ends from the chopped point as well.

Cheers
     B_B

Middleton, WI
  • Mavs757mx
    Options
    Sounds awesome!   Post some pics as you pull off the Egg!
    Large BGE and Weber Summit 670 on the weekend.  Blowing smoke out of the jet engines during the week!