Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Royal Oak Report

2»

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Fwiw I got confirmation from the mothership that RO makes BGE lump. They say its the "premium" pieces from RO. I use RO exclusively that I get from restaurant depo and I love it.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I have had NOTHING but good luck with royal oak! I used WGWW before the the demise! Every now and then I get a less than desirable bag of royal oak, but you absolutely can't beat it!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,686

Both
    RLeeper said:

Fwiw I got confirmation from the mothership that RO makes BGE lump. They say its the "premium" pieces from RO. I use RO exclusively that I get from restaurant depo and I love it.

I believe I said same company, different quality... Never doubt the hen.
    [-X
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,784
    Also very happy with RO
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    Both
    I believe I said same company, different quality... Never doubt the hen. [-X
    Very true Hen! Wasn't doubting you I just missed it somehow. Thanks for setting me straight!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,686
    Jk lol broski.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TMayTMay Posts: 87

Royal Oak works fine for me, I burned my free bag of BGE, then switched over..   No issues at all...

Rowlett, Texas
  • First bag of RO from Wally World had this "meteorite" and rock in it. Used RO since as my main brand, and have not seen anything like it since. Being a lump whore I will use just about anything that is on sale and there have been some surprises. Using the Whiz's 1" squares...
    IMGP2351.jpg 867.1K
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    henapple said:
    Jk lol broski.
    No offense taken!