Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help Puj Bring a Mini Home

Puj
Puj Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All, I'd like your help.[p]My better half has placed a challenge on the table in order for me to bring home a mini to join Eggie (a large born in 1992) and Eggbert (a small born in 1999). BTW, both are males. [p]Here's the challenge. Between now and October 7th, the day of the Georgia vs. Tennessee game in Athens, she wants me to come up with a holiday or celebration that is worthy enough for her to say ok to bringing home a little guy. She says Labor Day does not qualify as a holiday for this challenge.[p]If I can provide her with an amusing reason to celebrate then a mini gets to come home. So.... offer up your thoughts, and as always, please keep it within the forum's decorum. Of course, you can email your ideas to me if you deem it more appropriate. :)[p]Puj

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Puj,[p]How ironic that Labor Day, a holiday on which many cookouts occur, is not allowed for this challenge.[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Puj,
    You know those little toys kids play with that have 10 different sizes of wooden dolls, from tiny to much larger. They are hollow, with two halves. They fit inside of each other. Kids love them cuz they are like little puzzles.[p]Well, you have several different sizes of eggs that might fit in one another like those little dolls. Of course you wouldn't want to actually do this with your eggs, but if you get a bunch of those little dolls that stack together (I wish I knew the name), you could base the party around that. [p]Wacky idea, but I am running way short on sleep.
    g'nite.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Puj
    Cornfed,[p]She's just testing us ...[p]Puj
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Puj,
    Piece of cake. It is the MOTHER of all Holidays. EGGtorberfest 2000!!!!!!!

• Puj
    JJ,[p]Great idea, but will Eggtoberfest 2000 be held prior to the Dawgs and Vols playing between the hedges?

• JJ
    Puj,
    No problem. We postpone the Dawgs/Vols game until they pay proper homage to the EGG. hehe

• BD
    BD Posts: 87
    Puj,[p]Well, according to the Blue Mountain Arts Greeting card site, July 15 is Cow Appreciation Day. It comes on a weekend
    AND you could cook your wife a cow (or a part thereof) that she would really appreciate ! You can also send her a Cow Appreciation day card from the Blue Mt. site, just so she'll know you are not making this up (nor am I). Maybe we should all celebrate it. Hmmmmmm.

• JJ
    BD,
    Yep. That's it. Brisket, Beef ribs, Tri tip, London broil, Steak, Serloin tip, Roast prime, Burgers. Steamship round, Rump roast. Just to name a few things we have to celibrate donated by the cow.

• Puj
    JJ,[p]Postpone? Not likely, but I'll give Vince a call and ask. It would be a worthy cause. :)

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Puj,[p]According to my Day-Timer, Monday Aug. 28 is the "Late Summer Holiday" in the UK. What better time to bring a mini home just in case you might want to do a "little" BBQ?[p]K~G

• Puj
    KennyG,[p]Thanks for the input. She can be a tough cookie, though she has never said no to any eats coming from the eggs.[p]Puj
  • Puj
    Nature Boy,[p]Great idea! I, too, am scratching my head for name of the dolls. Maybe someone will clue us in.[p]Thanks,
    Puj

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Puj,[p]Obviously the two boys need a little sister. Sounds like a celebration to me.[p]Spin

• Puj
    Spin,[p]A little sis' may just do the trick. There's nothing like spoiling the youngest one, especially if its a girl.[p]Puj

• Nature Boy
    Puj,
    A little off-the-wall as far as ideas go, but it sure makes a good graphic connection.[p]My Mom would know the name of thode things...I'll ask this weekend when I see her.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Puj,[p]I think they're just called nesting dolls. The Russian ones are 'matreshkas.' (I was given a set when I was a kid...wonder what happened to them?)[p]Cathy
  • Puj
    Cat,[p]Bingo! Matreshkas it is. Great job.[p]Here's a link to a web site that displays these babies.[p]Thanks Cat. [p]Puj

[ul][li]Matreshkas[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Puj,[p]The "mothering" instinct is strong. If you play this right, I see a mini in your future.[p]PS - Avoid any suggestions concerning painting it pink.[p]Spin

• Nature Boy
    Cat,
    Yep. My bell is a ringin. My Mom gets thes things, and I remember they were Russian. Thanks for that website Puj. Our kids would love there very own Matreshkas.[p]I always think of those thangs when I see different sizes of eggs lined up. That would be a good graphic novelty fo BGE to give out at the fest. Big Green Egg Matreshkas. Aww, man, I am supposed to charge for these ideas...hee.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Puj
    Nature Boy,[p]I can just see Eggtoberfest2000 Matreshkas as gifts to those that come. Great idea.[p]Puj

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Puj,
    what day could be better than the true independence day of our great republic. On September 3, 1783, England signed the agreement granting the colonies formal independence from England and the British empire. So in keeping with these thoughts, a mini-green egg will provide you with the independence to grill when there's just the two of you, to grill at the Georgia-Florida outdoor cocktail party and to grill any time or any place with no muss and no fuss. Besides, if you rush to the BGE store on Clairmont, you can pick up a factory second for $59.