Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Royal Oak Report

2»

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Fwiw I got confirmation from the mothership that RO makes BGE lump. They say its the "premium" pieces from RO. I use RO exclusively that I get from restaurant depo and I love it.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I have had NOTHING but good luck with royal oak! I used WGWW before the the demise! Every now and then I get a less than desirable bag of royal oak, but you absolutely can't beat it!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416

Both
    RLeeper said:

Fwiw I got confirmation from the mothership that RO makes BGE lump. They say its the "premium" pieces from RO. I use RO exclusively that I get from restaurant depo and I love it.

I believe I said same company, different quality... Never doubt the hen.
    [-X
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,613
    Also very happy with RO
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    Both
    I believe I said same company, different quality... Never doubt the hen. [-X
    Very true Hen! Wasn't doubting you I just missed it somehow. Thanks for setting me straight!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Jk lol broski.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TMayTMay Posts: 87

Royal Oak works fine for me, I burned my free bag of BGE, then switched over..   No issues at all...

Rowlett, Texas
    ·
  • First bag of RO from Wally World had this "meteorite" and rock in it. Used RO since as my main brand, and have not seen anything like it since. Being a lump whore I will use just about anything that is on sale and there have been some surprises. Using the Whiz's 1" squares...
    IMGP2351.jpg 867.1K
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    henapple said:
    Jk lol broski.
    No offense taken!
    ·