Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Royal Oak Report

Was at Walmart today and bought a bag of Royal Oak Charcoal (in red bag). $6.60 buys you 8.8 lb. (That equates to $15 for 20 lb... compare that to $32 for 20 lb. of BGE charcoal.... just about half price.) 

The heat was fine, the taste was fine... and the fire started just as quickly as BGE. The only difference is that there were many more sparks than I've ever seen with BGE. I actually had to close the screen on the bottom vent. I usually leave that open as I have a concrete deck. I also think the pieces were a bit smaller than the BGE... but this was the top of the bag... we'll see how it is graded when it get down into it. I get a lot of small pieces in BGE of late too.

I can put up with the sparks when you consider the huge price differential. I wonder if Walmart will carry it in the winter. 

Comments