Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"The chicken from hell"

I did a recipe I took off of nibblemethis. It was absolutely fantastic! Followed the recipe to a T and it was extremely easy.
The sauce was hot and also had a little sweetness that went together nicely. Next time I will use less orange zest and habanero peppers. The recipe called for 2, And I used 3.... Wow it was hot.

Set up - indirect at 290, cherry chunks and apple chips. Cut a 3.5 pound bird in half, rubbed with butt rub. Put it on the egg for about 2.5 hours. When the IT was about 155 I started mopping the birds with the sauce. Pulled it off at 170 IT.

Cut up some potatoes and green peppers for sides, and had them in a pan underneath. I will definitely do this one again, especially if I want to impress people.

Thanks for looking.
Fighting Sioux Hockey
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,579
    Looks great! nibblemethis has lots of good stuff. As for the habanero's heat, I do note that nibblemethis mentions  he's had lots of “Wow, I won't do it that way again!” experiments.
    ·
  • Great job
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,417
    2 out of 3 ain't bad, but I would do anything for love with 3.
    ·