Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Labor Day Weekend! What'cha Cookin'?

13»

Comments

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited September 2013
    I've done a chili cheese fattie last night and I have a brisket in the refrigerator soaking up the flavors of the rub that I'll be smoking over night tomorrow night. A 14 lb beast (11 lb after trimming) that I figure should take right around 16 hours.

Tomorrow morning I intend to do a breakfast fattie... that should about do us for this weekend.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • bo31210 said:

@lowflyer. How do you like the fake mini? Digging mine so far. Gets to temp fast and the little amount of lump it uses amazes me

Just got to the beach w it today. Haven't fired up yet. Tmrw will be the day, I'll let you know.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    My brain. (whats left of it) 8-}

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• 10-lb plate of short-ribs is on:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Intermediate step - added braising sauce, now foiled and back on for a bit:

imageimage
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    njl said:
    I've got a 6.6lb rack of pork defrosting in the fridge (moved it last night) I'm hoping will be ready to cook by Saturday or Sunday.
    Rack of pork came out great.  I was a little worried, as I'd bought it back in Nov 2012 and it'd been in the freezer 9 months.  6.6 lbs for 2 adults!  Actually, the kids ate some the first night...but they've never been crazy about it.  It reminded me of the quote from the civil war about the advent of lever action rifles..."that damn rifle they can load on Sunday and shoot all week."  I cooked the rack on Monday, and we ate it all week (dinners Mon-Thurs).