Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best way to reheat Boston Butt?

HolepuncherHolepuncher Posts: 281
Things did not go as planned, butt done wayyyyy  to early.What is the best way to re-heat? Have about 30 guests coming over. Not able to put in cooler........ 
Hendersonville, TN.

• Wrap in towels, put in turned off oven, microwave, anything to help hold a little heat.. Better too early than a half hour too late.
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• Thanks for the input, cooked quicker than I thought.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • gdub16gdub16 Posts: 14
    Little late but wrap in foil, then a towel put it in cooler.  If it is right out of the oven you can go about four hours or so.  Some say five but I am little conservative when comes to poising my guests :)  It will still be very warm even after four hours.  If it is pulled  pork soak in apple juice warm at 200 for about hour.  

• Gdub16 thanks. The guests liked it but I thought it was too dry.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • I have frozen cooked butts whole and reheated with grest success by thawing, breaking into baseball size chunks (not shredded yet), place in aluminum foil pan with 1/2cup apple juice /1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, cover with foil and in the oven at 225-250 for an hr or so.  If its too late for FTC method (which also works), give this a try.