Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Day of Egging (pic heavy)

I casually mentioned to my wife that we hadn't had friends over to the house in a long time and next thing I know we have 11 adults and 6 kids over and I'm cooking. Put together a nice (if eclectic) spread: stuffed hatch chilis; grilled avocados with tomatoes, ,eminent, pine nuts and fresh herbs; sausage; and Picanah; and hotdogs for the kiddos.

Wasn't sure about timing of everything so fired up both the large and small; ended up not needing the small, but cooked the hotdogs on it just to give it a workout.

Sorry for the poor photos...was too busy (and drinking too much) to get consistent photos.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 666.9K
image.jpg 738.9K
image.jpg 835.7K
image.jpg 845.1K
image.jpg 713.8K
image.jpg 806.9K
image.jpg 758.9K
image.jpg 661.1K
image.jpg 741.9K
image.jpg 935.6K
·

Comments

• THAT looks like a party!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice job! Looks like a tasty spread.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Nice!!  But would like to understand the grilled lemons?
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    @CoolBees - the grilled lemons get squeezed over the avocados. Not sure grilling the lemons added much grilled flavor, but ace nice presentation.
    ·
  • Nice plating on the avacado.   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • That does look really good, congrats. I've never tried the skewers over coal with no grid. Seems like an interesting concept. Gonna give this one a bookmark.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
    @black_badger it works great. Try to get fairly flat skewers and you and almost completely close the lid.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,623

The eyes of Egging are upon you.........................

:)>-
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    In reading my post this morning I realize that beer and autocorrect is a dangerous combination.
    ·