Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter Alignment

Options
Anyone else align the plate setter, when doing indirect, so one of the legs are directly under the dome temp probe? Kind of like blocking the direct heat.
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I never thought of it.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    i always put one dead center in the back, i read somewhere when i first started the egg naturally drafts towards the back creating a hot spot there.  now it's just old hat and thats what I do.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

I have a Stoker and use the Stoker Log software to monitor long cooks. I use 2 meat and 2 fire probes, one fire probe at the grid level next to the meat and one in the upper dome temp probe hole.

Cooking a butt tonight and they are running +/- 2 degrees of each other. 

Just curious if I am the only one that looks at things like this.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • williamadamsesq
    Options
    My gasket gap is in the back right, so I align my plate setter so that one leg is aligned with the gap, as I set my Maverick wires in the gap. My thermometer is really accurate since I was given that advice here.
  • Don't Egg me on
    Options
    Do exactly what "U Tarded" does pretty much for the same reasons. I need t get a stoker or digiQ! Need to do some research