Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Farmer's Market Salsa

BotchBotch Posts: 3,037
One of my favorite things about late summer/early fall are the Farmer's Markets.  Ogden's is getting better year by year, here's my haul from this morning:

The package on the left was a "Salsa kit", which I thought was kinda clever (it was actually a clever way to sell produce that had blemishes, but only the onion was unusable.)  It included tomatoes, three different kinds of chiles, the onion, and three cloves of garlic.
I cut half of the tomatoes in half and threw them in the smoker along with the chiles and another onion; the other half of the tomatoes I kept fresh.

I took the tomatoes off after they got soft with just a little char, and continued to cook the peppers until the skins were black.  Steamed them in a dish covered with Saran Wrap to loosen the skins:

Zipped everything together in the food processor along with some salt and a bit of olive oil.  The hickory smoke really made this salsa, yum.  I need more chips!  

Now, does anyone have a good recipe for baby bok choy on the Egg?  Got that bunch for $1.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,806
    edited August 2013

Nice looking salsa reg bok choy, I cut down the center lengthwise little 
    Italian Dressing some soy if you want s/p and flip a few times 'til wilted.

·