Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Farmer's Market Salsa

BotchBotch Posts: 2,430
One of my favorite things about late summer/early fall are the Farmer's Markets.  Ogden's is getting better year by year, here's my haul from this morning:

The package on the left was a "Salsa kit", which I thought was kinda clever (it was actually a clever way to sell produce that had blemishes, but only the onion was unusable.)  It included tomatoes, three different kinds of chiles, the onion, and three cloves of garlic.
I cut half of the tomatoes in half and threw them in the smoker along with the chiles and another onion; the other half of the tomatoes I kept fresh.

I took the tomatoes off after they got soft with just a little char, and continued to cook the peppers until the skins were black.  Steamed them in a dish covered with Saran Wrap to loosen the skins:

Zipped everything together in the food processor along with some salt and a bit of olive oil.  The hickory smoke really made this salsa, yum.  I need more chips!  

Now, does anyone have a good recipe for baby bok choy on the Egg?  Got that bunch for $1.  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  

Comments