Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Farmer's Market Salsa

BotchBotch Posts: 3,282
One of my favorite things about late summer/early fall are the Farmer's Markets.  Ogden's is getting better year by year, here's my haul from this morning:

The package on the left was a "Salsa kit", which I thought was kinda clever (it was actually a clever way to sell produce that had blemishes, but only the onion was unusable.)  It included tomatoes, three different kinds of chiles, the onion, and three cloves of garlic.
I cut half of the tomatoes in half and threw them in the smoker along with the chiles and another onion; the other half of the tomatoes I kept fresh.

I took the tomatoes off after they got soft with just a little char, and continued to cook the peppers until the skins were black.  Steamed them in a dish covered with Saran Wrap to loosen the skins:

Zipped everything together in the food processor along with some salt and a bit of olive oil.  The hickory smoke really made this salsa, yum.  I need more chips!  

Now, does anyone have a good recipe for baby bok choy on the Egg?  Got that bunch for $1.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,881
    edited August 2013

Nice looking salsa reg bok choy, I cut down the center lengthwise little 
    Italian Dressing some soy if you want s/p and flip a few times 'til wilted.

·