Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jalapeno Cream Corn

I had jalapeño cream corn at a cafe the other day, and it was an OMG moment.  Why hadn't I had that before?  It was like the guy who first put peanuts and chocolate together ... a match made in heaven.

So, I found a recipe online  and made it.  Only, I tripled the amount of jalapeños because the recipe appeared to be for wimps in Quad Cities or elsewhere. 

I coupled that with a thick pork chop from Central Market, slight garlic rub from Salt Lick, grilled raised at 400, then glazed with my homemade serrano pepper jelly.

It was a great meal for us.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    It never stops with you VI.

Maybe I'm amazed...
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Damn!! Looks incredible. Gonna take any of those deer when season opens?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    The bottom pic belongs in a magazine.

Recipe please.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Damn your good. ^:)^ and on so many levels.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited August 2013
    I see your house guard pays as much attention to the dear as mine. Are you tossing corn out?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Very nice.....and for your next cook....venison. ;)
    You steal that corn from the deer's dinner? Would it be too much for me to ask yet another recipe from you today?
    Dunedin, FL
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    No 'off' position on your culinary genius switch. Nice presentation. Again, you dine, I eat.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Meal looks awesome VI!! I would kill for a backyard like that B-)

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I'm digging that corn. Nice job Mr. Idiot.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    edited August 2013

We do something very close...'cept we us the Candied Japs from Texas Pepper Works and Rondelé Cream Cheese.

Very nice pics!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Great pairings. I lived in Iowa, and you're kinda right about not tolerating much heat in the grub over there. But the pork! Oh man, I miss the pork. Your chops from CM are almost "Iowa cut" :) 

If you ever think of opening a B&B, that last pic should be in the brochure. Beautiful.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Thanks folks.  Here is the recipe I used.  Again, increase the japs if you like a little heat.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Beautiful, just beautiful.....the food and the last shot. We need to get together for a Mexican diner. Kelley and Bruce have found a new Mexican restaurant in the hood they really like.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Village Idiot
    edited August 2013
    Beautiful, just beautiful.....the food and the last shot. We need to get together for a Mexican diner. Kelley and Bruce have found a new Mexican restaurant in the hood they really like.
    Yes, AE !  I'm always in for a new Mexican restaurant.  We've found two so far here on 290.  Trudy's (gourmet, yuppie) and Flores (TexMex).  The search for a better TexMex restaurant is never ending.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Village Idiot
    Mickey said:
    I see your house guard pays as much attention to the dear as mine. Are you tossing corn out?
    Yep, I'm feeding corn to them.  My dogs don't pay any attention to them unless a fawn gets too close to the porch (fawns are braver than adults).  Then, one will snap at it and take a couple of steps towards it, sending the fawn scurrying back to mamma.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• There are better out there. Our favorite is Las Paloma's for chicken mole enchiladas (mole muy bien) and their soups. The caldo Tlalpeno is our favorite soup. The other favorite is Fonda San Miguel $$$ but worth it (both are mainly interior fare not texmex)For a quickie burrito or taco Cabo Bobs. (They cook on BGEs). Chuys by Costco ok other sites are better. Maudie's the only thing there is the homemade japs in escabeche and the paper thin chips, the rest pretty mediocre. Mat's on Lamar is Austin old school TexMex. Crazy Mary's aka Taco Express on Lamar for food and Austin weirdness.
    For non mexican....Jack Allen's on 71. Great Sunday brunch and the bacon (pork belly) sandwiches is just yum, as well as most other items on the menu. Get there early...
  • Village Idiot
    Thanks AE.  The only one I've eaten at that you listed is Maudies in Bee Cave.  My niece lives in BC, and that is her favorite restaurant (she named her dog Maudie).  Before it's all over, I will have gone to all of the above ..... burp.  :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• We will join you for either Paloma's or Fonda anytime....5 minute notice is sufficient (actually Fonda will need reservation)
  • Village Idiot
    We will join you for either Paloma's or Fonda anytime....5 minute notice is sufficient (actually Fonda will need reservation)
    Great !  I'll look up the locations.  Thanks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• VI, I live near your neck of the woods.  I gotta know, what cafe did you have the inspirational corn?  I may need to check the place out!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Mickey
    We will join you for either Paloma's or Fonda anytime....5 minute notice is sufficient (actually Fonda will need reservation)

Linda and I can be there in an hour.

• Village Idiot
    VI, I live near your neck of the woods.  I gotta know, what cafe did you have the inspirational corn?  I may need to check the place out!
    @EggObsessed It was the Nutty Brown Cafe, on the corner or US290 and Nutty Brown.  I liked their food.  I had Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy and Pam had meatloaf.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I just made some to go with my brisket tonight. Amazing. 

I doubled the butter and tripled the jalapeño.

The extra Jalapeño is in honor of VI, the extra butter is in honor of Paula "wheres my hood" Dean.    
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SIL and I are going to do the corn to go with the brisket and butt we will be cooking for tomorrow.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I just made some to go with my brisket tonight. Amazing. 

I doubled the butter and tripled the jalapeño.

The extra Jalapeño is in honor of VI, the extra butter is in honor of Paula "wheres my hood" Dean.    
    Just a stick a buttah and some strange fruit from them poplar trees.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    http://m.today.com/food/all-claims-dismissed-against-paula-deen-employee-lawsuit-8C10990275

I didn't jump on the PD hate wagon. If we all got scrutinized for **** we did years ago...

Jackson, who told TODAY in July that her lawsuit "has never been about the N-word," but rather "to address Ms. Deen's patterns of disrespect and degradation of people that she deems to be inferior,"

If we went by this Village Idiot would get the boot.. :-/
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    http://m.today.com/food/all-claims-dismissed-against-paula-deen-employee-lawsuit-8C10990275 I didn't jump on the PD hate wagon. If we all got scrutinized for **** we did years ago... Jackson, who told TODAY in July that her lawsuit "has never been about the N-word," but rather "to address Ms. Deen's patterns of disrespect and degradation of people that she deems to be inferior," If we went by this Village Idiot would get the boot.. :-/
    I don't consider you inferior, henapple.  I think nature played a nasty trick on you when you were born, but that's not your fault.  And your seemingly dull intellect is probably due to inferior teachers you had in the ghetto.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Thanks for boosting my low self esteem. Sure, I can't make homemade vanilla, take great pics or share dinner with deer in my back yard.... But my therapist and I are working through it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN