Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gigantic brisket

2»

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,542
    Those must be the greatest briskets in the history of Mankind, @sickeyediaz
  • SickEyeDiazSickEyeDiaz Posts: 161
    edited August 2013
    Those must be the greatest briskets in the history of Mankind, @sickeyediaz
    No, just regular old vacuum sealed brisket!

I'm lucky though, I can get fresh ones for the price of trim, like $2.25/lb 
  • Here are the final pics!

Sliced flat:

Finished burnt ends:

The spread:

Braised kale and rainbow chard:

Neighbors' potatoes:

Wife's cornbread muffins:

Everything turned out great (or, at least, there were no complaints from the assemblage).  Thanks for following along!

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,542
    Nice meal. I love the greens. Nice and spicy?
  • @Eggcelsior:  for this group, I didn't make 'em as hot as I normally do:  just a hint of cayenne floating in the background.  When it's just the wife and I, though, they're nuclear - cayenne, hot sauce, and peppers.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • The whole meal looks fantastic! Nice briskey!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,091
    Looks great dude, congrats. Good luck w/ RD, they always hassle me when I go in w/ only KCBS, but they do have lots of cool stuff. I'm in an area that sounds much like yours in regard to brisket, flats everywhere, rare packers @ $5/#. My new favorite spot to look is Smart & Final. If there's one near you give it a look.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI