Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooler Recommendation?

2»

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    The wife ordered a few steaks and other things from Omaha. I must say the Styrofoam cooler that they were shipped in is the best. Just the right size to FTC. I have 2 that I use. And seem to be just the right size.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Costco has the 95qt Pelican for $299. 2 of my coolers are the Coleman extreme 5 day and I really like them we use them for camping all the time and they hold ice well. I never even use them though for FTC i just have a smaller coleman with a handle that I use and it works fine. As others have stated you don't need anything special but if you are going to use it as a coolers also some then get the coleman. 
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    My better half is a Nurse Practitioner and the best cooler we have is the free one she brought home.  It is made to keep vaccines cold during shipping, it totally ROCKS, and its FREE!
    XL BGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Seanr7 said:
    My better half is a Nurse Practitioner and the best cooler we have is the free one she brought home.  It is made to keep vaccines cold during shipping, it totally ROCKS, and its FREE!
    I'm with you. We get samples of biologic medications that come in sweet shipping coolers that keep stuff cold a minimum of 48 hours. Cardboard with injected foam. The cold packs are a bonus. Great for FTC, but they can't hold ice(not waterproof)
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Keep your eyes on craigslist or your local consignment store for a cambro. C got both for $40.00 each works beter than a cooler.
  • StlScott
    StlScott Posts: 77

I really appreciate all the recommendations, everyone.  Thanks!

StlScott

• We have a small(30qt) 5 day Igloo and a Pelican. The igloo does just fine and was about 39 at Academy. We take both to feats. Frozen stuff in Pelican and non frozen in igloo.
    On way to STex with an 18 pound butt in igloo right now
    That said one the eggers purchased a yeti on eBay for less than 100 dollars.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited August 2013
    IBID to what Nola says. I bought the pelican over the yeti because of the lifetime warranty and the product. I have had my pelican tool case for 23 years, have backed over it and still have not destroyed it. My cohorts thought I was crazy for spending the $$ but now Pelican is the preferred case for all the field.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Rubbermaid 34 Qt., 48 can cooler is the perfect size for ribs, brisket and/or pork butt off a large cooker.  Inside dimensions of the cooler are approx. 17.5" wide (side to side), 11" length (front to back) and 10" deep (top to bottom).  I want to stock this cooler in the store, so I called rubbermaid and had the local sales rep stop by the store.  Unfortunately, they sent the commercial lines rep, need the housewares sales rep.  Cost about $20 in blue or red.   

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.