Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hour 17

Options
On a 12lb brisket. Just hit 198 and the probe goes in like butter everywhere but one spot. Should I pull it or let ride a little longer?

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Is the spot in the flat? My last brisket... The point finished one hour before the flat. Find the fat line and separate the point and take it off.... Per Centex.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • s_austin_egger
    Options
    Its where the point meets the flat. Im going to go a bit longer and then FTC. It got more tender from 195 to 198 so I'll go to 201 and see how she looks. Thanks
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    The point will run around 10-15*F hotter than the flat during the cook due to the higher fat content, as has been mentioned, the brisket finish-line indicator is probing the thickest part of the flat.    The point can ride along til the flat is finished.    Separate or not-not a requirement-FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.