Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football and SALSA

Options
Need some help, I haven't seen my brother in several years, he has talked soooo much smack about how he is the KING of Salsa. I was hoping that maybe a few of you seasoned experts can help me out with you favorite recipes. All I am confident of is that if he only uses a food processor, then I know my egg can assist me in knocking the flavor out of the park. Thanks in advance

Cheers
LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    You'll get a hundred different recipes.  But, here's mine.  Simmering it with the lid off should add some smokey taste.

Salsa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Gary Willson

Ingredients:

3 cans Tomatoes, diced

4 teaspoons Cumin    , Roasted, ground

1 Tablespoons Oregano, Dried Mexican

1 teaspoon Garlic powder

1/2 bunch Cilantro, Cusinart

1 Onion , chopped

1/2 Bell pepper, Red, chopped

2 Jalapeño peppers, chopped

2 tablespoons Chili powder, Moose butt

1 can Rotel diced tomatoes, Original

1 teaspoon Sugar

1 can Tomato sauce

1 can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, Mild (or medium, depending on heat preference)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients.  Simmer for 2 hours. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Boileregger
    Options
    I just char up everything when it's whole, tomatoes or tomatillos if you're going verde, onions, peppers, etc. Perl the chiles, then throw everything in the food pro. Add cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and S&P to taste. If its too hot, add some honey to mellow it a bit.

I won a salsa contest at work using this method. Just keep tasting as you're going and you'll get it.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Hatch chiles are in season... I made my first couple of batches last week so I'm a novice. I roasted everything including fresh garlic. Search @griffin salsa.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    One other thought... Do 2 different mixtures.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think it would be good to roast some peppers, onions...maybe corn on the egg and then make some salsa.  

@COegger that one definitely sounds interesting!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.