Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I love the smell of smoke in the morning

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Cherry wood -  13 pounds of pork on and smoking.

Comments

• Delightful!
    Great way to start the long weekend.
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Yes

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,186
    Starting an early morning cook is like that blissful moment you only get in a quiet campground after starting the fire. Advantage of egging is that the beer is in the fridge rather than a cooler....

Nice, what times the pull?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,765
    Some great looking eats coming up!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Starting an early morning cook is like that blissful moment you only get in a quiet campground after starting the fire. Advantage of egging is that the beer is in the fridge rather than a cooler....

Nice, what times the pull?
    Pulling at around 6 PM - will foil and but up temp as needed.
    Great looking cook! Enjoy!

Both butts at 165, so into the foil they go.  Will let them finish up then FTC until party time.
    You're over 1/2 way home.  Time to relax with an adult beverage.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Pork was a huge hit at the party.  At least 2 neighbors now considering getting an Egg, and everyone who tried it raved about it.  Mothership should pay a commission.    
    Since I discovered "turbo" I no longer get going early. 
    My neighbor (non egghead but still a good guy) gets going by 600 hrs. Saturday mornings when he cooks and the windows are open my daughter will get up and before she says good morning it's ,whats Mike smoking? Smell good.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,285
    I love waking up from an overnight cook and checking the egg. Don't peek just smell the smoke. Every time baby.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I'll steal a peek once in a while by lifting off the Daisy wheel for a minute.
    Dunedin, FL