Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Pork Butts going on at 10:00 PM tonight

Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
I have 18.21 pounds of Pork Shoulder/Pork Butt's one is 9 1/2 to 10 pounds and the other the balance 8 to 8 1/2 I'm thinking of putting the bigger one on at 10:00 and the smaller at 11:00PM tonight at 2:50 dome, I need them on the table around 4:30 tomorrow. My set up is a XL, plate setter and thermo pen, no maverick or Digi Q. I trimmed themed then mustard and Dizzy Dust then injected each with a 1/4 bottle of marinade.  Wish me well!
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    Good luck man. I'm doing the exact same thing. Love low and slows and football. BBQ and beer in the AM!
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • Grillmagic
    JGoodson said:
    Good luck man. I'm doing the exact same thing. Love low and slows and football. BBQ and beer in the AM!

It's  my first ever Low and Slow, they are both on and I seem to have a handle on 250 dome.
  • Grillmagic
    I just opened the egg for the first time at 8:30 AM and the bigger piece was at 170 and the smaller one at 160. The dome was at 250 when I put the big one on at 10:15 PM and the small at 11:15 PM and I thought I stabilized it as it was at 250 when I went to bed at 1:00 PM  when I checked at 3:30 AM the dome was at 300 so I shut it down and it seems to be holding around 250. The bigger piece is at the back of the XL and the small towards the front (I wonder should I switch them around)
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    You can certainly swap them - very likely the back of your egg is burning hotter.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Grillmagic
    I still have six hours before I want to serve and I believe I am in a bit of a stall at 170/160 no foil. I assume I am plugging away and really don't want it done to far in advance. I am running at 230 dome right now does it sound like I am on track, I would like to pull it off the grill at 200 IT then FTC until around 4 PM
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    I think you're in great shape.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Grillmagic
    Thanks for your comments and input, it came out Great. I pulled it at 198 and 200 FTC then through on some ABT's and Pork Shots, we had a great meal with family and friends.