Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Life Keeps Getting Better

Options
CP92
CP92 Posts: 321
So I retired from the Navy last month after 24 years of service.  I just secured my second career to start next week.  First my Green Egg, now this!  I consider myself one lucky/blessed Sailor. 
Chris
LBGE
Hughesville, MD

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Good for you.  Congrats, and thanks for your service.
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.   Definitely have the priorities right, BGE then second career.     Enjoy the BGE journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CP92
    Options
    Yeah, Lou the moment I found out I'd been accepted I charged off to the store to pay for it! 

I appreciate the thanks from both you and Tj.  It did a world of good for me, but it's nice to know folks out there still care about our servicemen and women.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Congratulations, thank you for your service, and welcome to the madness.

What is the new career?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Thank you for you service! And welcome.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I think you'll find gratitude in abundance from most folks (especially around here) regarding your military service. Thank you sir! Enjoy your egging eggsperience!
    Flint, Michigan
  • CP92
    Options
    @ shtgunal3 I work in the intelligence community.  Know that Snowden fella and the Army boy that wants to be called a woman now?  Same line of work.  BTW what part of Bama you from? I hail from Montgomery. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    I think you'll find gratitude in abundance from most folks (especially around here) regarding your military service. Thank you sir! Enjoy your egging eggsperience!
    Thank you from me and my entire family...enjoy your "semi" retirement.

Opelika, Alabama
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Options
    Thank You for your service ! I dont' know much about NJ but I missed out on the best girl in the world from Mount Laurel , NJ years ago.
    Pensacola,FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hey! My wife is from Mount Laurel!

Just kidding.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    CP92 said:

@ shtgunal3 I work in the intelligence community.  Know that Snowden fella and the Army boy that wants to be called a woman now?  Same line of work.  BTW what part of Bama you from? I hail from Montgomery. 

1 hour north of Birmingham. Cullman county.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Streetglider
    Options
    Fred19Flintstone said: I think you'll find gratitude in abundance from most folks (especially around here) regarding your military service. Thank you sir! Enjoy your egging eggsperience! Absolutely!

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    CP92 said:
    Worked in the intelligence community years ago in the Navy. Was on the USS Kinkaid from 91-94 very good times.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Welcome to the CLUB, Congrats
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    Thank you for your service and enjoy your new career. 
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • CP92
    Options
    @ shtgunal3  My sister lives in Scottsboro and works in Huntsvill.  Small world.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • CP92
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
     Was on the USS Kinkaid from 91-94 very good times.

I was an east coast boy on the DEYO at that time.  Kinda glad I didn't end up the west coast.  Not sure I would have survived as hard as I drank back then. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD