Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT It's Game Week! Football is here!

2»

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Went to the butcher and picked up an 8lb pork shoulder to Egg tomorrow.  They also make their own cheddar brats that are incredibly tasty so I picked some of those as well.

Bring on the weekend!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    JRWhitee said:
    JGoodson said:
    Cooking two pork shoulders and packer brisket low and slow Friday night. BBQ , Keg Beer , friends and football!

Dawgs gonna go into Clempscum and bring the wood Satidy night! SEC style!
    I think the over/under is like 70, the team that scores last wins!
    Yeah no doubt , should be a shoot out. Georgia's talented backfield and power run game will be the difference. Georgia 31 Clemson 27
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    edited August 2013

I can't believe that in this talk of big games and national champions, nobody has mentioned the Duke vs NC Central game.

Go Blue Devils. 

(We save our exclamation points for basketball season as the only purpose of football season is so that the freshmen can learn the cheers and the fight song.)

And I guess I'll also be cheering for the Aggies as my daughter just started there.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Foghorn said:

I can't believe that in this talk of big games and national champions, nobody has mentioned the Duke vs NC Central game.

Go Blue Devils. 

(We save our exclamation points for basketball season as the only purpose of football season is so that the freshmen can learn the cheers and the fight song.)

And I guess I'll also be cheering for the Aggies as my daughter just started there.

I thought that only the Grad students went to the football games.
  • Foghorn
    edited August 2013

"I thought that only the Grad students went to the football games."

No.  It just seems that way because there are only 6600 (5700 when I was there) undergrads.  It wouldn't surprise me if a higher percentage of Duke undergrads go to the football games than you see at most "football" schools. 

When I was there, more undergrads went to the football games than the basketball games just because there was no limit on football attendance.  For any sport, all we had to do was show our student ID and walk in - space permitting.  Basketball was limited to 4500 in the lower level of Cameron so "only" 78% of the undergrads went to each basketball game.  Football had a similar draw only nobody got turned away. 

Don't confuse the ineptitude on the field with disinterest off the field.

The source of your confusion may be that only grad students NEED to buy tickets.  Undergrads just walk in with a student ID.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Yes it was the first game of the season, and yes it was U Mass at home, but I have to like a 45 - 0 win for the Badgers. Welcome to Wisconsin coach!

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    My condolences to all Iowa fans for my alma mater Northern Illinois University Huskies running over Y'all in Iowa today! Muahahahaha!
  • Foghorn said:

Go Blue Devils. 

Duke is undefeated in August!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior

Foghorn said:

Go Blue Devils. 

Don't you mean DOOK?
  • Eggcelsior
    Oof. Sorry Bulldog fans...
  • Foghorn

Foghorn said:

Go Blue Devils. 

Yeah we are. Which is why it is ALMOST appropriate that talk of Duke football is dominating this thread.... But not really. Congrats to the other winners on the day.

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited September 2013
    Duke has a football team? :))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SEC who? :)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike