Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New York Times take on wings

Basically it's indirect with a final direct sear. Here. Some of the sauces sound great.
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
·

Comments

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,347
    They do indirect for just 15 - 20 minutes.  That's well short of what I do. Maybe the last 5 minutes direct is enough to get them crisp.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • I stopped caring what the NYT said about any subject years ago.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,424
    Boneless chicken breast dry..? Get a thermapen.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,296
    I stopped caring what the NYT said about any subject years ago.
    You must not read many bestsellers.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,256
    Why is that?  They're generally regarded as one of the top news reporters.

http://journalism.wikia.com/wiki/Newspaper_quality_rankings

·
    Why is that?  They're generally regarded as one of the top news reporters.

http://journalism.wikia.com/wiki/Newspaper_quality_rankings

He's sad because the Detroit Free Press missed the list.
    ·

• I stopped caring what the NYT said about any subject years ago.

I read the biggest best seller everyday...The Bible.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    @nolaegghead...burn. You got toasted.
    ·
  • In defense of the NYT, this particular article was written by the Syrian hackers.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
    In defense of the NYT, this particular article was written by the Syrian hackers.
    You're thinking of Twitter's domain registry.

·
  • jlsm said:
    Basically it's indirect with a final direct sear. Here. Some of the sauces sound great.

Thanks for posting. The fish sauce recipe sounds interesting but 1/2 cup seems like a lot.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·

I read the biggest best seller everyday...The Bible.

Cool story, bro! ;)
    ·
  • the bible has all you need for BBQ. No liberal media bias needed:.................................... Ezekiel 24:10 So heap on the wood and kindle the fire. Cook the meat well, mixing in the spices; and let the bones be charred.

·
    I prefer my beer to have a liberal bias. Liberally lubricated.
    ·
    Hesitations 21:14
    Thou shalt offer the fatted calf on the oak from the ozarks but he who sacrifices using the oak from royal doth blaspheme and his offering will be deemed unworthy.
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Pretty funny stuff @henapple

Dont we have a strict no sex, religion, and politics rule?

If we dont we should.  Quickest way to piss people off is with those subjects.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • In defense of the NYT, this particular article was written by the Syrian hackers.

Last I saw, the SEA hit both Twitter and the NYT. In any case, it was a joke.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
    <sarcasm> Oh, and don't masturbate or pull out or use birth control unless you want to live in a BBQ pit for eternity.  Hating the Cowboys and USC is ok though. --thanks!, god.  </sarcasm>

·
    In defense of the NYT, this particular article was written by the Syrian hackers.

Last I saw, the SEA hit both Twitter and the NYT. In any case, it was a joke.
    Didn't hear about NYT, sorry.  Yeah...I know ;)

·
  • henapple said:
    Hesitations 21:14 Thou shalt offer the fatted calf on the oak from the ozarks but he who sacrifices using the oak from royal doth blaspheme and his offering will be deemed unworthy.
    NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
  • <sarcasm> Oh, and don't masturbate or pull out or use birth control unless you want to live in a BBQ pit for eternity.  Hating the Cowboys and USC is ok though. --thanks!, god.  </sarcasm>

wait......seriously dude? this is where you want to take this? This is a family friendly forum. Everyone loves the Cowboys. Especially kids. I'm outa here.

·

<sarcasm> Oh, and don't masturbate or pull out or use birth control unless you want to live in a BBQ pit for eternity.  Hating the Cowboys and USC is ok though. --thanks!, god.  </sarcasm>

wait......seriously dude? this is where you want to take this? This is a family friendly forum. Everyone loves the Cowboys. Especially kids. I'm outa here.
    That wasn't me...I love the Cowboys and USC.  God works in mysterious ways....sometimes he speaks through immature mortals such as myself.  I....I...they weren't my words dang it!!

·

For Nola...
    ·
  • <sarcasm> Oh, and don't masturbate or pull out or use birth control unless you want to live in a BBQ pit for eternity.  Hating the Cowboys and USC is ok though. --thanks!, god.  </sarcasm>

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great! When a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate!

·
    Every time I open my big fat mouth, god kills another kitten.  I better stop because we cat people.

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,639
    edited August 2013
    henapple said:
    For Nola...

I have no idea how that escaped my web but we are dying laughing over here. hilarious

·
    It's only Thursday. We are getting this weekend started right!

Speaking of my liberal bias(they even put them in a sweet box for you Texas folk)...

·
  • It's only Thursday. We are getting this weekend started right! Speaking of my liberal bias(they even put them in a sweet box for you Texas folk)... image

That all looks great, but that one box is living on the edge man.

·