Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood group buy for DFW area

Options

Comments

• Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Not sure how fast we can put together this group buy and get it shipped but I am going to be out of town Sept 7-18. There will be someone at the business to receive the shipment but the distribution might be a problem. Anyway it could get done next week would be better
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    5 bags is what I was thinking also.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    Please put me down for 5 bags!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • cpilot1
    cpilot1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Put me down for eight bags, that should get me through the winter. Thanks
  • cpilot1
    cpilot1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Put me down for eight bags, that should get me through the winter. thanks.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

If there's room, I'll take 4 bags if the pickup location is in Kennedale.  Not too far from me.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Neil_Spencer
    Options
    I am in for 5-10 bags depending on what is needed to complete a pallet.  I live in Euless and can pick up anywhere in the DFW area.
  • nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    Options
    Sign me up for 5 bags. Thanks.
    Fairview, Texas
  • RonP
    RonP Posts: 8
    Options
    What's the count? I live in Irving and could take 5 bags

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Guys, once you get the number nailed down it will only take two days transit via Vitran Express.
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    I need to up my number to 10 bags!! Lets get this thing going!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Proser
    Options
    I talked with Jonathan @ STL Charcoal last night. 2 pallets (60 bags) delivered to my business in Kennedale is $945.00 add 2.7% to pay with PayPal. Total is $970.52. Thats $16.18/bag.  I am willing to purchase it today for delivery on Tuesday but I need to get rid of most of it before I go out of town on Saturday, Sept 7. 

I live in SW Arlington and can bring some home in my pickup if needed

Need positive responses to pull the trigger today otherwise we might need another delivery address.
  • nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    Options
    I appreciate your offer, but it's about 130 miles round trip to Kennedale for me so I'll pass. Thanks again.
    Fairview, Texas
  • Neil_Spencer
    Options
    I am still down for 5-10 bags depending on what is needed to complete a pallet.  I can pick up on Tuesday and paypal money if needed.  Thanks
  • TexasCrane
    Options
    Works for me.  I'm sure there's a golf course over on that side of town that I haven't played at before.
  • KennyLee
    Options

Still in for four bags.  I can pick up in Kennedale no problem.  Once we get it figured out, just post up paypal instructions. 

@TexasCrane Kennedale is very close to Tierra Verde which is in far SW Arlington off of 287 and Eden Road.  It's a city course, but very nice, scenic, no houses and usually in really nice shape.

LBGE

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    I am definitely in, waiting on a text from a friend that may want for his bag count.  Will try to have a count up sometime this afternoon/evening.

Cookin in Texas
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Still in for 5 bags

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• boatbum
    Options
    Boatbum 10 

Let me know how to pay for it.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Proser
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from Jonathan to make sure he can ship tomorrow which puts it here Wednesday. He has been traveling today and hard to reach. As to payment, I'm a trusting person so just pay for it when you pick it up. I will keep you informed.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

PayPal Invoice sent.......I rounded it down so it would make it easy on you guys.

• Proser
    Options
    Sorry guys. Don't think it's gonna work this time. The freight line was not able to guarantee pick up before Tuesday which meant delivery sometime Thursday I didn't feel that gave us enough time to get it separated. If you can find another location for delivery I'm in for 10 bags or if we need to wait until the 19th of sept I'll be back.
  • KennyLee
    Options
    I'm good to wait 'til whenever for Kennedale.  19th is fine with me.  May or may not be in if the location for pickup shifts to somewhere else.  Just depends on location. 

LBGE

• alfredo
    alfredo Posts: 10
    Options
    so what is the final price per bag and pick up spot? 
    i would be down for 3 or 4 bags.

From da Lakefront brah!
  • boatbum
    Options
    I am good with waiting.

Think all of us would agree in saying Thank You to Proser for taking on this task.   Fully agreeable to work in whatever time frames are best.

Let me know when to Pay and when to Pick Up.

Cookin in Texas
  • Proser
    Options
    Ok we should be good for the Rockwood lump delivered the 19 I will be able to meet interested parties Thursday Friday or Saturday of that week

Boatbum thanks for the kind words. We need to talk sailing

I'll stay in touch
  • Pacuare
    Pacuare Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Any update? I am running low on lump and want to find out the status before I go out and buy something else. I am in for whenever it happens but just need some lump in the near future. Thanks for organizing @Proser.
  • RonP
    RonP Posts: 8
    Options
    What's the latest? I live in Irving and could take 5 or 6 bags.

• stlcharcoal
    Options

It ships out tomorrow for Thurs or Friday delivery.........so if you need to add a pallet, I need to know ASAP.  The bill of lading has not been generated yet.

• Proser
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Latest count I have is Boatbum 10 KennyLee 4 Texas Crane 4 Tuttle871 5 Sancho65 10 NeilSpencer 5-10 RonP 5 Proser 10 That puts us almost two pallets which I have coming.Boatbum and I can both take a few less if needed. Don't think we can get enough commitments for another pallet this late in the game Stlcharcol can we do a half pallet?