Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last lonely cook

Tonight was the last lonely cook my large as I will be pickin up the small tomorrow Just hoping there isn't any egg jealousy from the large.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
·

Comments

• How much is the small gonna cost you, if you dont mind my asking. Im debating on one , too.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,299
    I am getting the small, nest, egg mates and lump for $499. Last years model but unused. I had to jump on this cause most places around here are askin $549 for the egg and $135 for the nest.

·
  • Cool man thanks. If I get one I'll just build a table, but was wanting a small so its somewhat portable.
    ·
  • No pics, it never happened... ;)
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Congrats on the Small! That's a nice deal.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·

No pics, it never happened... ;)

Oh you will get your pics!!

Judging from the pic the dealer sent me it has the grayish colored mates and are part of the package I don't think they look very good but we will see.

·
  • No pics, it never happened... ;)

Oh you will get your pics!!

Judging from the pic the dealer sent me it has the grayish colored mates and are part of the package I don't think they look very good but we will see.
    I was actually talking about the last lonely dinner... Egg jealousy may have caused the quality of your cook to be bumped up a level up, I have heard that when you have more than one Egg, they compete with each other improving the food quality... :)
    ·
    edited August 2013
    Just simple chicken,baby bellas and green beans wrapped in turkey bacon

·
  • Nice shot of last lonely dinner :)
    Congrats on the latest addition.
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 766
    No pics, it never happened... ;)
    Oh you will get your pics!! Judging from the pic the dealer sent me it has the grayish colored mates and are part of the package I don't think they look very good but we will see.
    FYI the grayish mates are the composite shelves which are the premier shelves. BBQ's Galore quoted me $179 just for the composite mates for my medium, so even if you don't like the color you got a nice upgrade. Congrats on the new addition to your family.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
    edited August 2013
    And the happy family. BTW - the dealer traded me the gray composite mates for the wooden ones. I just thought they looked better.

·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,339
    good score on the small and I envy the trade on the eggmates.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Congratulations on the new member of the family. My large and small get along quite nicely, getting them both going at different temps works really well! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
    The diff temps was the whole reason for the purchase and I finally got my wife buzzed enough to say ok!!

·
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 551
    Now you need to get rid of that shiny thing with the tree growing through it and the yard will look complete!
    NW IOWA
    ·
    That is my storage box for the egg toys!!

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    A tribute to my ELF, Henapple! was the first time I took full advantage of using both eggs at different temps and one indirect and the other direct. It turned out great. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·