Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Korean Kogi BBQ Tacos (pic heavy)

I keep seeing articles about Korean BBQ tacos -- apparently they are all the rage -- so I decided to try to make them on the BGE.

Found a recipe on Pinterest: http://www.inuyaki.com/archives/2138

I haven't had the real dish to compare to so this may not be authentic, but they turned out well in my opinion...interesting mix of flavors. I'd change a few things up on the recipe next time: triple the recipe for the onion and cilantro relish; cut way down on the liquids on the slaw.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 757.2K
image.jpg 879.9K
image.jpg 738.3K
image.jpg 868.9K
image.jpg 680.3K
image.jpg 893.4K
image.jpg 825.2K
image.jpg 753K
image.jpg 739.4K
·

Comments

• Authentic Korean BBQ is pretty awesome. They love their beef over there - it's serious business. Looks great!
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • There's a great food truck here in SD that does Korean flavored food in Mexican formats. Those tacos are out of sight! Try using Kim chee if you can get some. Strong flavor, but excellent paired with the beef.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Awesome looking tacos @CPARKTX. Were you able to find the pears? I've wanted to try to make some like that, but no idea on where to find them.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 988
    @Griffin -- Yes, we found the pears...my wife found them at HEB (in Cedar Park).  We got a few extra and I've been eating them...they are pretty good.  
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    What's your address? It's about time I came over! :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    @caliking - let me know if you ever make it over from Houston, you are certainly welcome.  
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276

You won't find the taco recipe here but lots of Korean BBQ

http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/beef

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,029

You won't find the taco recipe here but lots of Korean BBQ

maangchi is my favorite! Listen to Estebanito. 
    ·
  • You won't find the taco recipe here but lots of Korean BBQ

That is a pretty awesome blog.  Her bulgoki looks perfect.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
    @Little Steven -- good site, thanks for posting. 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Wow, that looks like a great meal. Nicely done!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·